First of all I apologize for my long absence from the blog world . And I must say , I am delighted that none of you have deleted me from , your blog followers list. Thank you ! I must say , without your support over last 3 years , I would have vanished from the food blog world. It has been a great experience , to learn from you, many dishes . Most of the dishes, I learnt from you, I wont be able to cook in my life time , so what ?few I will be able to at least ...
No humorous preamble this time because I am emotional now. So lets get down to cooking business.
The recipe comes from the book by Maharaja of Sailana, and i have made bit variations within permissible limits . It is my elder daughter's favorite dish and cooked for her . She just arrived from Mumbai.
1. Mutton fine keema 500 gms
2. Green chili 250 grams ( use the hottest to medium to low heat ones, your choice)
3. Onion , thinly slice 150 gms
4. onion chunks , 1 inch , 100 gms
5. Garlic 50 gms ( about 3 pods and not 3 cloves) , KEEP WHOLE CLOVES. DO NOT CHOP.
6. Cumin seeded 11/2 tsp.
7, Curd . 120 gms
8. Ghee 200 ml ( 180 gms)
9. Turneric 4 level tsp ( dont reduce or add 6 tsp)
10. Lemon juice 30 ml
11. Coriander leaves , chopped fine 2 tbsp, heaped
12. Salt to taste
Main ingredients , (Keema in yogurt, cumin, turmeric and salt), sliced onion and green chili, garlic
De-seeded chili,, onion chunks, garlic cloves ( whole )
* Slit the green chilis , de-seed and cut to 1/2 inch pieces.
* Mix smooth, curd, Turmeric, cumin seeds, salt
* add the keema to the mix and mix thoroughly, keep aside
* Heat ghee in a heavy bottom vessel and add the sliced onion. Fry to golden brown and immediately add the Keema mix.
* Mix thoroughly with heating.
* Fry for 5 minutes and add about 3 to 4 cups of water ( 450 to 600 ml)
* Cover and Boil for 10 minutes ( 1/2 cooked)
* Add the green chili, garlic and onion chunks
Green chili, onion chunk and garlic whole cloves added
* Continue boiling , till the water evaporates out and ghee separates.
* Add lemon juice and coriander , mix.
* switch off burner
Dish is ready
Devour with rice, roti or Paratha and if you dont have any of these , eat straight and finish it off
Use soya granules , the quantity after soaking will be equal to 500 gms mutton keema. I wont be able to say how much dry granule it is . Ask our great Sangeeta Khanna